Leadership Acceleration Program (LAP) With OptumInsight - Senior Business Analyst
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
Begin your career at UnitedHealth Group and you’ll get an opportunity to do something extraordinary with your first job out of school: make a real difference. We have modest goals: Help 75 million people live healthier lives. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Brilliant. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 17 company. You’ll find a world of career options fueled by your performance and limited only by imagination. Start here.
Here’s the idea. We built focused businesses, inside UnitedHealth Group, organized around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Through our two business platforms, UnitedHealthcare and Optum, we work to improve the health care system and advance the health and well-being of individuals and communities so that they can enjoy better, fuller lives. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges. It’s a culture of optimism that’s not like any place you’ve ever worked. Many incredible ideas in one incredible company.
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
The Leadership Acceleration Program, as part of OptumInsight, is a tailored program for recent college graduates who are interested in developing a consulting career in the Health Care industry. The program lasts up to four years and includes the following:
- Focused professional development including live and computer based training
- Professional networking, executive exposure, and community outreach activities
- A dedicated professional mentor to help guide and shape your career path
- Opportunities to work with seasoned industry professionals
- Exposure to the most complex problems in health care via "real" client work
-Working directly with our clients to help determine needs and solve complex business problems by performing the following types of activities:
- Conduct research studies that may include collecting, analyzing, trending and presenting data and recommendations to management.
- Assist with requirements analysis and verification.
- Document customer/client requirements through clear, unambiguous, concise and effective written and oral communication.
- Develop, enhance and maintain planning models, surveys, and benchmarks.
- Perform analysis for business process re-engineering opportunities and define, develop and document before and after process flows
- Maintain work papers, work plans, methods and results.
- Develop job aids, training material and instructions for team members.
- Assist senior team members with project management duties.
- Bachelor’s degree or current student pursuing Bachelor’s degree at an accredited college/university
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA required
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
OptumInsight is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumInsight is one of the largest and fastest growing health information companies. We specialize in improving the performance of the health system by providing analytics, technology, and consulting services that enable better decisions and results. We integrate workflow solutions that deliver data in real-time, and create actionable insights - processing health information that relates directly to and affects one in four patients in the U.S., one in every three Medicaid dollars and one in every five emergency room visits. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
What can YOU do with the right information? At OptumInsight, the possibilities and the impact are limitless. No matter what your role is at OptumInsight, you'll be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions, and help make the health care system greater than ever. It's always fresh. It's always exciting. And it's never been more important.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
See full job details and apply at employer site