Vice President, Analytic Ideation And Growth - Optum - Eden Prairie, MN
UnitedHealth Group IncorporatedIf you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work
This position is part of the senior leadership team overseeing Optum’s Payment Integrity Analytics and is a direct report of the leader of the business. This position is expected to lead the Ideation & Growth team in the new Analytic Capability organization design.
The Ideation & Growth capability will be the primary source of payment integrity ideas to deliver UHC and Commercial financial commitments. This team will also be the central intake for all overpayment ideas from clients, operations, vendors and other sources. This position combines strong analytic knowledge with exceptional data analytics skills and healthcare data experience to translate the data into production ready analytic inventory that detects incorrectly paid claims for all UHC and Commercial clients (Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial).
Key responsibilities include:
· Lead an analytics ideation team: responsible for the generation and validation of new prospective and retrospective concepts to detect and prevent health care fraud, waste and abuse and billing errors
· Analytic Innovation: Catalyst for analytic innovation and thought leadership resulting in a robust analytic pipeline and inventory to meet and exceed financial commitments to our clients.
· Analytic Industry Thought Leader: Participate in analytic industry forums to garner greater insight into market influences and client needs. Serves as company representative to multiple domestic and international industry groups and associations focused upon health care fraud detection and prevention
- Client Relationships: Develop excellent working relationship with clients, both at the executive and daily execution levels. Drive plans to exceed client expectations and delight our clients.
- Change Management: Serve as a catalyst for change – challenge the status quo and bring high level of intellectual curiosity to bear to improve the analytic businesses.
- Passion for health care analytics and the tenacity to change legacy processes
- 10 + years experience in the health care industry (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial)
- 5+ years experience bringing analytic solutions to the market
- Advanced degree (Master’s) in health care field or medical degree
- Knowledge of statistical methods used in the evaluation of healthcare claims data
- Ability to grasp analytical concepts and clearly understand how analytical solutions can help customers reduce their healthcare costs
- Demonstrated experience in providing leadership to colleagues and senior management in innovative statistical techniques
- Exceptional ability to drive results through strong collaborating and influencing skills across all business segments and geographies
- High energy, detailed oriented with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects to ensure their quality and on-time delivery
- Strong problem solving skills, demonstrates initiative and creativity by originating new ideas, anticipating and implementing next steps
- Self-managed, self-starter, able to work in rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels of management across all functional areas, as well as, business partners in other UHG entities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytic Thought Leadership
- Attracting and developing senior analytic talent
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Customer Focus
OptumInsight is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
If you get excited about the life transforming potential of bringing health care information to the right place, at the right time, to support crucial decisions, welcome to OptumInsight.
We're one of the largest and fastest growing health information companies and the only organization in our industry with the information, technology and consulting expertise to solve the most significant challenges in health and human services.
As a vital member of the UnitedHealth Group family, we serve customers in every segment of the health care field. This includes government agencies, pharmaceutical companies, hospitals and health delivery networks, insurance providers and, of course, the diverse business divisions of UnitedHealth Group.
Bring your talent to an industry leader with the information, technology, and consulting expertise to help transform health and human services. No matter what your role, you'll be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions and help make the health care system greater than ever.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
See full job details and apply at employer site