North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
The Bookkeeper maintains and records banking activity. Performs data entry. Queries reports. Verifies, reviews and files bank activity for specific accounts.
1. Performs banking activities per established bookkeeping procedures:
- Runs, downloads and sends daily reports from different bank websites.
- Identifies, validates and reconciles daily activity for various bank accounts.
- Confirms daily deposits from multiple sites have been deposited into the correct bank account and location.
2. Keys daily batches into computerized system.
3. Troubleshoots and investigates various bank activities, as needed.
4. Interacts with banking representatives and department heads via phone or email.
5. Validates and reviews credit card activity on a daily basis.
6. Prepares monthly journal entries for cash activity.Assists with monthly bank reconciliation, as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of two (2) years related Bookkeeping experience, required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and meet timely deadlines. Excellent knowledge of bookkeeping principles.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
See full job details and apply at employer site