Associate Manager, Bank Loan Closer
Prudential Financial, Inc.
The Associate Manager., Bank Loan Settlements is responsible for providing operational support to Prudential Fixed Income's Alternative Products business. This includes supporting the settlement activities in any account that holds bank loans. Associate will be responsible for the support of all settlement activities as they relate to USD Bank Loans as well as assist where needed with any non-USD bank loans. This includes data integrity, trade communications/settlements, and requires frequent communication with Trustee’s, Agent Banks, Legal, Compliance and Portfolio Management.
Job responsibilities may include:
- Candidate will work on a team with two other professionals, perform a portion of the day to day work and management reporting.
- Candidate will be responsible for coordinating with trade counterparties to receive and review par loan trade documentation
- Coordinate closings among custodians, counterparties and other groups within the firm
- Communicate and resolve, when possible, trade problems
- Person will interact with people in different groups across the firm and outside as well to resolve problems
- Support all settlement activities as they relate to US and Non-USD Bank Loan settlements
- Help staff solve problems and incorporate new processes to mitigate risks
- Being the primary on-site operations point of contact.
- Having extensive knowledge of Bank Loan products.
- Understanding industry initiatives including implementation (i.e. documentation, industry standards, etc.)
- Researching and resolving security data discrepancies
- Assuming ownership for any operational issues that are raised and providing resolution in a manner that is seamless regardless of which operational areas are impacted.
- Anticipating issues that may adversely affect the operational support of the Bank Loan product and take action to reduce the risk of occurrences.
- Proactively seeking ways to improve current processes by leveraging the tools available to identify inefficiencies.
- Cultivating both internal and external relationships to ensure proper service levels are achieved for each fund supported.
- Keeping abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that can impact our business model and/or offer opportunities to improve our processes.
- Developing an understanding of the fixed income trading business and sharing knowledge with operations teams in order to increase service levels.
- Degree in Economics, Finance or Business preferred.
- Outstanding academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, work experience and demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Strong knowledge of Bank Loan products and/or other fixed income products and investment strategies. (5-7 yrs)
- Candidate will have minimum of 3 to 5 years experience closing par loans, including: the draft and review of all forms of Par/Near Par loan trading documentation Familiarity with Par/Near Par loan trading market convention (familiarity with Distressed loan trading convention a plus)
- Experience with both the TSI and ClearPar loan closing systems
- Ability to read and interpret credit agreements
- Willingness and desire to learn and teach others.
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate relationships across all staff levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivation and ability to work within a team environment.
- PC skills with strong knowledge of spreadsheets, portfolio management tools and mainframe applications.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit that is willing to take on additional responsibility quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task and absorb information across a broad spectrum of products.
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment.
* Dependent upon the business, flexible work schedules are necessary to provide operational coverage to our business partners from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. One of the responsibilities of this position includes the processing of wire transfers. In accordance with the Treasurer's Policy "Background Screenings on Wire Transfer Associates", any candidates selected for this position will be required to submit to a background screening including an extensive background screening and credit check. Failure to comply will eliminate a candidate from consideration for this position. In addition, any negative information obtained as a result of the background screening may result in the disqualification of the candidate from this and any other position in Prudential, including their current one if they are an internal applicant. Prudential Investment Management follows the NYSE holiday schedule. This position also requires over-time during peak periods.Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
See full job details and apply at employer site