Americas Resiliency Lead
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Use the Job links above to navigate from one job description to the next.
Use the 'Back to prior page' link to return to your search result page. Do not use the back button in your browser.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The goal of Global Resiliency (GR) is to ensure that the firm can maintain key business processes, systems and support functions in the event of disruptive events. The Americas Regional Lead will work as part of a global team, engaging closely with the resiliency leads in the business and other key stakeholders across the business and corporate sectors to understand and drive the resiliency programs across the region. The role also includes external relationship management, networking with peer firms and industry groups for information sharing and benchmarking.
- The Americas Regional Lead will be the primary interface, working with the global Relationship Managers, into the Lines of business (LOBs) and stakeholders, in the region. The role will partner with the LOBs to understand and drive improvements in the LOBs' resiliency programs and also serve as the primary contact and advocate for the LOBs.
- Responsible for implementation of the global agenda on a regional basis - supporting the development of the firm-wide program;
- Drive better alignment of the regional program in order to optimize business effectiveness and meet regulatory requirements;
- Manage a team to achieve the following key objectives:
Key Objectives / Responsibilities:
- Build an intimate knowledge of the business resiliency organization, programs, processes, and needs/challenges of the LOBs.
- Manage regional resiliency governance, providing oversight of the LOB programs and compliance with corporate policies and standards.
- Provide transparency on resiliency risks; Identifying systemic issues and prioritizing critical issues for senior management escalation.
- Provide subject matter expertise, advice, and support to LOBs.
- Independently challenge the LOBs; Evaluate existing strategies, identifying existing process and procedural gaps, recommending areas for improvement while mitigating risk.
- Act as central point of contact and escalation for all GR communication to LOBs.
- Lead working groups with LOBs stakeholders to ensure strong participation in resiliency programs, including compliance to policy/standards, critical site tests, firm-wide programs, etc.
- Partner with global and regional Global Resiliency teams to ensure corporate programs are holistic and appropriate for LOBs.
- Lead LOB response in crisis, ensure coordinated approach.
- Interface with regional regulatory bodies on the resiliency agenda.
- Network with relevant industry peer groups to promote information sharing and leverage.
Reporting and Location:
- The Americas Lead will be based in New York and will report to the Global Resiliency Head.
- Significant professional experience (10 plus years of experience) in business resiliency or a risk/audit/business background with demonstrated career progression; Frontline business experience (e.g. Investment Bank, Investment Management) (preferred).
- Experience in dealing with regulatory authorities.
- Strong coordination,control and project management skills.
- Excellent communication, relationship building and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Presence and ability to engage with senior management.
- Flexibility and ability to partner with other team members across global time zones.
- Excellent management skills.
- Proven record of driving process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree required.
See full job details and apply at employer site