AVP, Corporate & Investment Bank Audit
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Use the Job links above to navigate from one job description to the next.
Use the 'Back to prior page' link to return to your search result page. Do not use the back button in your browser.
The JPMorgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. The global Audit Department has in excess of 500 auditors, based globally in all regions, including Asia.
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Audit Team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environments across all of the CIB wholesale businesses. CIB Banking includes Treasury Services (TS), Global Corporate Bank (GCB) and Global Investment Banking (GIB) lines of business. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage which is performed and managed by a global team of integrated technology and financial business specialists.
TS is a global leader in cash management, liquidity solutions and trade finance. GCB manages the firm's relationships with large corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations and offers clients access to all wholesale products and services of the firm. GIB works with a broad range of issuer clients, including corporations, institutions and governments, and provides comprehensive strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise.
The Asia Audit Team has an onsite presence in 10 locations, namely Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney, Indonesia, Malaysia and Manila.
The position is for a VP level auditor based in Singapore within the Asia CIB Audit Team, reporting to the regional CIB Banking Audit Manager. The individual will manage and execute audits of the CIB Banking businesses in Singapore and across the Asia region.
Applicant must be an experienced professional who possesses strong auditing skills and understanding of internal control systems within a financial institution. This individual should be knowledgeable of the banking business, in particular with a good knowledge of cash management products and adaptable to deal with the dynamic and challenging nature of the role.
In this role, the individual will be exposed to audit execution in the above lines of business, in addition to operational support functions such as Compliance, Finance and Operations. The individual will work as part of the regional and global line of business audit team, as well as with team members in the Singapore location and other Asia Pacific countries. This individual should be a strong team player as well as a self starter, able to multi-task and work under pressure in a dynamic business environment.
- Self motivated audit professional who effectively analyses risk and proactively identifies issues.
- Assess the control environment of the banking businesses, with a view to providing recommendations for improvement where emerging issues or weaknesses are identified.
- Able to lead and execute audits independently and efficiently, including risk assessment, audit planning, testing, control evaluation, report drafting and follow-up and verification of issue closure. Ensure audits are completed timely and within budget.
- Provide senior audit management and internal stakeholder timely updates and insight on the design and effectiveness of business, risk, operation and technology control practices, and thematic firmwide control and industry developments.
- Partner with business management and other control groups in establishing strong relationships, while maintaining independence.
- Flexible and adaptable to dynamically changing work environments, including travel to other countries as part of regional audit engagements.
- Communicate and influence effectively, both verbally and in written form, audit results and issues.
- Foster a business climate and culture that encourages integrity, respect, diversity, excellence and innovation.
- At least 7-8 years of audit and business experience in covering commercial bank products.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline. CPA/CA, CIA, CAMS or equivalent certification preferred.
- Well versed in Asia laws and banking regulations (e.g. anti-money laundering, sanctions).
- Good understanding of internal control concepts within wholesale banking businesses.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills required with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management.
- Enthusiastic, self motivated, effective under pressure and willing to be challenged and to take personal responsibility/accountability.
- Works well individually and in teams, shares information and supports colleagues.
- Strong Excel, Access or ACL skills considered a plus.
- Ability to travel (20%).
See full job details and apply at employer site