IT Business Analyst - Lansing, MI
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
Use your Sharp Analytical Skills to help us support, compile and report key information! Drive processes and technology improvement initiatives using standard project methodology (requirements, design, test, etc.). Use data to identify trends, patterns and opportunities for the business and clients. Engage users in analysis and evaluation of functional models and prototypes; identify dependencies and priorities. Evaluate technology applications for use by the user community. Produce, publish and distribute scheduled and ad-hoc client and operational reports relating to the development and performance of products. Develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes.
We'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
- Reviews the work of others.
- Develops innovative approaches.
- Sought out as expert.
- Serves as a leader/ mentor
- 3+ years Project Lead and/or Business Analyst experience preferably on a Data Warehouse project environment
- 2+ years’ experience working with end users/customers to understand and develop requirements
- 2+ years working knowledge of relational databases/database structures.
- 2+ years facilitating customer requirements gathering meetings/sessions/JAD Sessions
- 2+ years with Requirements Traceability
- 2+ years analyzing project requirements and developing detailed specifications for reporting requirements
- 2+ years developing test data and test scenarios
- Ability to recognize, gather, correlate, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and devise solutions and alternatives and make appropriate recommendations
- Demonstrated process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years IT Business Analyst experience
- Experience with the State of Michigan PMM/SUITE methodology
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Previous experience working with the Data Modelers and developers, facilitate
modification of the logical design to create a physical design most suited to
the reporting needs of the customer.
- Ability to design applications taking into consideration data reconciliation,
(to the source system) query/reporting performance, and analytical business
- Business Analyst experience with State of Michigan and/or Department of Community Health business areas including Medicaid/Medicare or Healthcare related IT background.
- Experience with Teradata SQL Assistant
- Experience with Data Cleansing
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
See full job details and apply at employer site