Human Capital Partner - Consumer Solutions Group - Golden Valley
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.
Contributes to business performance by providing strategic consulting on people strategies, organization development and other Human Resources specific or business initiatives for a defined business or operational area.
- Strategic and Organization Consulting: Consults on people matters relating to the formulation of the operational area's Human Capital strategy and plan along with the organizational requirements to execute that strategy and plan.
- Workforce Planning: Conducts in-depth supply and demand analyses of the current and future people and skills needs of the organization and develop strategies and plans to meet those needs. Aids in defining talent management, recruiting strategy and execution, and talent retention plans and MBOs. Provides managers with human capital management information from the HR/PeopleSoft assets, Talent Surveys, and Recruiting profiles, and assists them with using this information.
- Culture, Vision and Values: Facilitates the definition and communication of the organization culture, visions and values which to guides the decisions and actions of the managers and employees of the organization. Acts as a change agent to the business and designs processes and approaches, which prepare employees for ongoing change and transformation.
- Leadership and Key Talent Development, Retention and Acquisition: Creates processes and experiences that grow the capacity of the organization's key people resources which include key talent identification, planning, development and recruitment. Encourages building strength through diversity. Designs and implements retention strategies focusing on key leaders and individuals with core competencies or skills critical to the organization. Maximizes the enterprise-wide compensation, reward and recognition programs and develops additional initiatives which will support the goals of the business segment.
- Employee Involvement and Engagement: Identifies through elements of the work environment strategies to increase productivity, employee performance, and employee satisfaction and design metrics to track the effectiveness of these initiatives. Creates processes and solutions in partnership with management which support a positive employee relations environment through effective communications, policies and practices.
- Organizational Change and Integration: Assists in the human capital strategies to ensure effective integration of acquisitions. This may include cultural assimilation and talent identification and selection. Provides guidance and counsel on the people decisions and actions, which are involved in divestiture activity. Primarily interacts with business leaders in the defined business or operational area as well as the larger enterprise. Extensive interaction and effective working relationships with the Human Resources Service Environment staff to ensure effective development and implementation of programs, practices and processes to meet business needs.
- Other Responsibilities: Develops the strategic Human Capital Plan, which aligns with the overall segment Human Capital Plan. Provides organization consulting on key people strategies in support of the business segment objectives. Initiates key talent development, sourcing and deployment strategies, which may apply segment-wide or enterprise-wide.
HCP will advise and partner with Consumer Solutions Group within Optum. Successful candidate should have strong track record of change management, assimilating and coaching leaders, and working through ambiguity.
Positions in this functions are responsible for providing client groups with strategic consulting on people programs, organization development and other HR-specific or business initiatives. Analyzes people related metrics, trends and root causes to develop solutions that balance HR risks and cost management throughout the organization. Acts as a liaison for the brokerage of services between client groups and internal or external providers and implements corporate driven initiatives.
- Company thought leader.
- Functional SME.
- Broad business approach.
- Resource to senior leadership.
- Develops pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends.
The Human Capital Partner has client or multi-client responsibility at a strategic level. This role functions independently and may manage a small number of Human Capital Consultants or Specialist. The Human Capital Partner has approval authority for a broad range of human capital decisions. This job is considered part of the business leadership team.
HCP will advise and partner with Consumer Solutions Group within Optum. Successful candidate should have strong track record of change management, assimilating and coaching leaders, and working through ambiguity.Masters degree in Human Resources, Business or related field or demonstrated equivalency (e.g., certifications).
10+ years Human Resources generalist experience with expertise in all Human Resources functional areas with a strong emphasis in organization development/effectiveness and leadership development.
Experience working in a Human Resources function with a shared service delivery and strategic business partner model.
Demonstrated history of quickly gaining credibility and partnering with business leaders.
Experience and comfort in working in a matrix environment, across multiple geographies.
Demonstrated project management skills including the management of vendor relationships.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 25, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
See full job details and apply at employer site