Director, Revenue Cycle Management - Potential Client Evaluator - Travel
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Owns an end to end assessment and full due diligence processes at a single potential client site
- Supervises experienced Revenue Cycle staff members through the evaluation of the opportunity at a single potential client site
- Reviews problem areas identified and validates benefit estimates and financial models for potential clients
- Develops timelines and project plans for the completion of the assessment and full due diligence process
- Monitors progress toward key milestones and provides regular updates and escalates as appropriate to internal and external key stakeholders
- Identifies and manages staffing needs for assessment and full due diligence efforts at a potential client site
- Completes the final draft of benefits based on high level assessment and full due diligence efforts, coordinates with key internal and external stakeholders to create buy-in and to obtain sign-off
- Serves as the primary day to day contact for a potential client, including reviewing the work of the Analysts and serving as the coordination point for the functional, products and transformation teams
- Contributes to Potential Client Evaluation methodology development and other functional assignments as assigned
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance of managers and/ or experience revenue cycle staff
- Develops buy-in from key client leadership and maintains collaborative relationships
- Displays the ability to effectively communicate within the potential client evaluation team, growth team and other Optum 360 functional teams
- Participates in the development of sales materials in preparation for initial and ongoing client conversations
- Attends industry conferences and acts as a subject matter expert for Optum 360
- Presents to large groups and has the ability to adjust message to audience (CFO, CEO or VP of Revenue Cycle
Minimum Educational Background
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience; Master of Business Administration; Master of Health Administration preferred
o 5+ years broad based experience in hospital-based revenue cycle - patient access, patient financial services and Health Information Management
o 5+ years hospital based-revenue cycle experience completing opportunity assessments, preferably as a Consultant or Analyst
- Experience estimating benefits using modeling techniques
- Ability to travel nationally up to 75%
- Experience in data analytics
- Experience and comfort working at all levels of a health care organization.
- Ability to probe, analyze, synthesize and articulate complex subject matter so it can be easily understood.
- A high degree of self-motivation, versatility and flexibility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.
Health care isn't just changing. It's growing more complex every day. ICD10 replaces ICD9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and health care organizations continue to adapt, and we are a vital part of their evolution. And that's what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Optum360 is a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage all our resources to bring financial clarity and a full suite of revenue management services to health care providers nationwide.
If you're looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
See full job details and apply at employer site