Banker Associate - J.P. Morgan Private Bank - Houston,TX
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Use the Job links above to navigate from one job description to the next.
Use the 'Back to prior page' link to return to your search result page. Do not use the back button in your browser.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank
Banker Associate Job Description
J.P. Morgan Private Bank has been helping the world's wealthiest individuals, families, foundations, and endowments grow, manage, and sustain their wealth through personalized, comprehensive financial solutions for more than 160 years. J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management with assets under supervision of $2.1 trillion and assets under management of $1.4 trillion. With Private Bank advisors in 110 offices in 25 states and 20 countries, the Private Bank provides clients with a global perspective delivered through a local, dedicated team of specialists focused on fundamental wealth management disciplines, including investment management, wealth structuring, philanthropy, credit and banking.
As a Banker Associate at J.P. Morgan, you will be responsible for assisting the Banker with new client acquisition and retention through a broad knowledge of investments, banking, trust services and financial planning.
- Accountable for the enhancement of the client experience and assisting our resources to deliver a complete wealth management solution
- Provide leverage to the Banker on daily client priorities
- Support Banker throughout the sales process and with ongoing client management. Includes reviewing and building pitch books, coordinating information and communication with clients and execution of client needs
- Support Banker on client hierarchy and pipeline management
- Develop understanding and assist Banker in the sale of investments, banking and trust services including, but not limited to: asset allocation on structured portfolios, managed portfolios, brokerage accounts, portfolio reviews, deposit and loan solutions, basic trust and estate products and identification of wealth planning opportunities
This position is subject to the Dodd Frank/Truth in Lending Act qualification requirements for Loan Originators. As such, an employment offer for this position is contingent on JPMC’s review of your criminal conviction history, credit report, information available through NMLS, and any other information relevant to a determination by JPMC that you demonstrate financial responsibility, good character, and general fitness for the position. Note that any felony conviction within the last seven years will disqualify you from consideration for this position. Your continued employment in this position would be contingent upon compliance with Truth in Lending Act/Dodd Frank Loan Originator requirements.
In addition, this position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment with JPMorgan Chase, you will be required to either register on NMLS, or to update your existing registration as necessary to grant access to and reflect your employment with JPMorgan Chase. Your continued employment in this position with JPMorgan Chase is contingent upon compliance with the SAFE Act, including successful registration immediately after your start date, and timely completion of annual renewal and required updates thereafter.
Any information obtained during the registration, update, and renewal processes or through NMLS notifications may impact your employment with the firm. Any of the completed information you provide during the Chase on-line application process may be transferred, on your behalf, to NMLS by JPMorgan Chase. Please carefully review the information you provide to Chase for accuracy and consistency and with any current NMLS record, if applicable, before submitting. Further information about NMLS and registration requirements of registration can be found at: http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/SAFE/Pages/default.aspx.
- Highly motivated professional with a deep passion and interest in the financial markets and a strong desire to be involved in and responsible for business development
- Coachable professional with good "business sense" and an energetic/dynamic personality
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Assertive with strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Strong quantitative and technical skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities effectively
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technology environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Internet/Intranet, along with ability to learn proprietary software and databases
- Three to five years financial services experience preferably in private banking and/or wealth management
- Bachelors degree required , MBA strongly preferred
- Demonstrable business development capabilities
- Series 7 & 63 licenses required for position; however, unlicensed candidates considered but required to obtain licenses within 90 days of start date
- National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the Safe Act of 2008 is required. Upon active employment with J.P. Morgan, you will be required to either register via the NMLS registry or re-register and move your previous registration to J.P. MorganJ.P Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
See full job details and apply at employer site