Senior IT Operating Systems Consultant - US Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
Positions in this function review, analyzes, and modify programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale computer system. Evaluates system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. This function provides expertise in software systems programming, operating software applications, consults on complex projects/existing applications, and overall operating systems.
- Evaluates system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Analyze all aspects of the existing infrastructure and recommends modifications that will enhance system reliability, availability, serviceability and scalability
- Work with teammates, clients and other teams to identify and address systems problems
- Evaluate new developments and recommend infrastructure modifications
- Provide in depth consultation to application teams on a variety of different applications
- Assist in defining standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics
- Participates in the development of business strategy
- Develops and manages business plans to achieve objectives
- Leads large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Translates highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Company thought leader
- Functional SME
- Broad business approach
- Resource to senior leadership
- Develops pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Bachelor's degree in applicable area of expertise or HS diploma/GED with 5+ years equivalent experience.
- 3+ Years programming experience with SAS Data Analytics (at Admin level)
- 3+ Years experience with UNIX Desktop Tools
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency with MS Visio
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Database Administration experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
See full job details and apply at employer site