Principal Statistician: Fraud Predictive Modeling (SAS Required)
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
- Partner with Business Unit leaders to design advanced analytical strategies that enhance their Fraud detection capabilities and recovery efforts. This could take the form of supervised and unsupervised models, cluster analysis, etc.
- Partner effectively with business leaders and finance to demonstrate the effectiveness and impact of the analytical tools developed to support efforts to win new business.
- Oversee process to implement predictive models in the hardware/software supported by the business unit.
- Train business partners on how to most effectively incorporate model results into their work flow process.
- Bring these capabilities to OptumInsight customers across markets: intersegment, government and commercial.
- Data analytic responsibilities include sample design, data prep, identification of appropriate analytic and statistical methodology, model development and testing, and documentation of process and results.
- Lead a matrix project team from ideation to deployment. Team members can include junior statisticians, offshore analysts and SAS programmers.
- Telecommuters considered but preference given to candidates in the three locations listed.
- Advanced degree required - Master’s or PhD in mathematics, (bio)statistics, machine learning, operations research, econometrics or data mining
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in the development of predictive models is required
- A minimum of 3 years of SAS experience is required
- Experience with fraud detection modeling highly preferred. Experience with risk modeling also considered
- Experience with health care claims data highly preferred
- Knowledge of advanced statistical methods used in the evaluation of healthcare claims data (Parametric, non-parametric, neural networks, clustering, social network analysis etc.).
- Knowledge of United Payment Integrity solutions and businesses preferred.
- Ability to grasp analytical concepts and clearly understand how analytical solutions can help customers reduce their healthcare claim costs.
- Ability to provide leadership to colleagues and senior management in innovative statistical techniques.
- Exceptional ability to drive results through strong collaborating and influencing skills across all business segments and geographies.
See full job details and apply at employer site