RN Field Case Manager
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
** Case Manager in Dallas TX market to cover four county territory (Collin, Denton, Dallas and Tarrant) **
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work. (sm)
Responsibilities for RN Field Case Managers include:
* Working with high risk members including post hospitalization
* Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
* Providing patient education to assist with self-management
* Interacting with Medical Directors on challenging cases
* Coordinating care for members
* Making referrals to outside sources
* Coordinating services as needed (home health, DME, etc.)
* Educating members on disease processes
* Encouraging members to make healthy lifestyle changes
* Documenting and tracking findings
* Active, unrestricted RN license in the State of TX
* Minimum 3 years' experience in a hospital, acute care, or direct care setting
* Basic level of experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Internet
Additional Preferred Assets:
* Home Health and/or Case Mangement experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
* A background in managed care
* Certified Case Manager (CCM)
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Job Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Case Manager, home health, telecommute, work from home, managed care, field case manager, home care, Dallas, TX, Texas
See full job details and apply at employer site