Senior Product Director/ Financial Services
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
If you want more meaning in your career - as a clinician or a business professional - think of OptumHealth as your calling.
By providing 58 million Americans with information, tools and solutions, we are helping to guide them through the health care system, financing their health care needs, and enabling them to achieve their personal health and well-being goals.
Leads large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Responsible for the product planning and execution throughout lifecycle of complex products or multiple projects related to realizing business objectives
- Predicts emerging customer needs and develops innovative solutions to meet them, including the design, development, management or sun setting of new, existing or acquired products
- Broad business approach; results may have segment-wide impact
- Accountable for financial and service performance against expectations including pricing strategies
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Ensure that identified product development projects are conceptualized, designed, and implemented appropriately and in coordination with other ongoing efforts L
- Lead overall strategy of which projects will move to detailed design and how all ongoing efforts and existing capabilities are leveraged to optimize client value
- Manage cross-functional communication (including senior executive communication) on status of development efforts
- Ensure that all necessary project plans and documentation are in place.
- Organize and lead multi-departmental work teams to design and implement new programs and services.
- Work with finance to design cost and pricing models that maximize sales and marketing potential of the program.
- Lead the development of new ideas for capability development and/or expansion.
Experience in consumer engagement, product development and release lifecycle planning and customer-facing communication considered a plus. Deep product planning and strategy development considered a plus.
- 7+ years of Product experience with focus on Product development
- 5+ years project management experience in health care
- 5+ years' of healthcare industry
- 5+ years of operation management in health care
- Demonstrated ability to execute and achieve goals in a matrix organization
- Budget and fiscal responsibility with involvement in P&L, pricing strategies and ROI development
- Full product life-cycle experience from inception to sun setting with strong focus on execution and delivery
- Knowledge of product design, value proposition, operation models, technological capabilities and pricing modeling
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Advanced degree a plus
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
See full job details and apply at employer site