Senior Director Healthcare Payment Integrity Payer Consulting - Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
- Responsible for delivering on the strategic direction for Optum’s Payment Integrity consulting business
- Lead the implementation of the strategic plan to meet and exceed financial commitments to clients.
- Establish business cadence (weekly, monthly, quarterly business reviews) to ensure results are met and exceeded or evolve existing business cadence to drive higher levels of performance.
- Ensure the right balanced scorecard is in place for the businesses and ensure we have the best possible metrics in place to manage the businesses on an ongoing basis.
- Accountable for financial and non-financial results
- Project management and implementation, staff management.
- Partner with matrixed organizations (e.g. analytics, technology, finance, and human capital, sales) to ensure planned results are delivered.
- Develop an excellent working relationship with clients, both at the executive and daily operational levels. Drive plans to exceed client expectations and delight our clients.
- Responsible for setting critical goals and upholding a high standard of operational performance throughout the teams in assigned organization.
- Establish mechanism to drive for continuous improvement within the business; past experience driving process improvement initiatives; small scale and large scale is highly desired.
- Develop an internal and external communication strategy to proactively share with clients the value being driven for them and simultaneously engage the employee base within the business.
- Identify and execute on new opportunities for increases in efficiencies and performance.
- Apply analytical / quantitative approach to problem solving - knows how to obtain and use data, and comfortable with statistical concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred. MBA desired.
- 10+ years relationship management or consulting experience.
- 2+ years of senior leadership.
- 3 years of P&L management experience highly preferred.
- Experience leading or selling various Payment Integrity functions such as: Claims Editing, Enrollment Integrity/Coordination of Benefits, FWA, Overpayment Identification, claims auditing, and health care Subrogation / Third Party Liability.
- Ability to travel 80% **see note
- Proven ability to produce superior results in a financial performance oriented environment.
- Proven ability to operate in a highly dynamic environment; seeking a candidate who has scaled a start-up operation.
- Strong financial analysis and risk management skills preferred.
- Previous large scale project oversight preferred (e.g. conceptualized project, sold project, monitored project to successful implementation).
- Ability to understand and influence the necessary and appropriate actions to ensure maximization of financial results and objectives; a bias for action is critical.
- Strong leadership and strategic planning skills within a matrix environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels of management across all functional areas, as well as, business partners through internal entities
- Self-starter; strong track record of proactively moving organizations forward by having the foresight to “see what is around the corner”.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
See full job details and apply at employer site