Product Director/ Provider Excess Loss
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.
Our Product Development and Management groups are vital to our success and are leaders in driving the future growth of UnitedHealth Group. Success in these careers relies on many factors, your ability to deal with ambiguity, your ability to adapt and embrace change, and a long-term commitment to making health care better for everyone.
The Product Director/Provider Excess Loss will be responsible for assessing market opportunities, setting up the operations, implementing and managing the Provider Excess Loss/ACO product line.
This Product Director is responsible for all business and financial aspects of the Provider Excess Loss/ACO product currently under development within Optum Financial Services.
· Accountable for product management and product development of the PEL product line.
· Develops new products and enhances existing products and services, setting a competitive strategic plan for product development, ensuring industry-leading product features, benefits and price positioning.
· Accountable for the development of an annual detailed business plan for the product line with emphasis on product development, marketing strategies, revenue/profit growth and cost containment subject to approval of business unit SVP.
· Collaborates across Optum to secure resources for product pricing.
· Collaborates across Optum to develop coverage plans enhanced by other Optum product solutions focused on ACOs and providers.
· Collaborates with appropriate IT resources to develop system infrastructure to support product.
· Manages the insurance state filing process and appropriate state roll-out of product.
· Plans and coordinates the daily operation of the product line through the product line’s staff, including RFP intake, underwriting, actuarial, customer service, policy issue, claims and medical management.
· Develops metrics for monitoring productivity of all functional product line areas.
· Collaborates with appropriate sales area to set sales targets, provide product training and monitor areas of focus.
· Collaborates with appropriate marketing area to develop marketing plan and marketing materials for product line.
· Hires staff as necessary to effectively manage product line.
· Establishes standards for effective job performance.
10+ years’ experience with Provider Excess Loss management experience
- 10+ years of Healthcare experience
Proven ability to execute and achieve goal in a matrix organization
Demonstrated C suite client interface experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Insurance or related field.
- Advanced computer skills with MS products
- In-depth knowledge of the medical and health insurance industry, marketplace structure, clinical/care management
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
See full job details and apply at employer site