Senior IT Systems Analyst - Multiple Locations
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
-The person filling this role will work closely with the Business Analysts, System Analysts and Architects to identify and document system requirements and solutions for customer service applications.
-Evaluate business requirements and prepare detailed functional system specifications for customer service applications
-Facilitate JAD sessions and act as the liaison between business and systems analysts, developers and project management.
-Present and evaluate design solutions objectively and facilitate conflict resolution
-Develop detailed source-to-target data mapping working closely with host data and middleware teams.
-Generates innovative ideas to resolve complex business problems with due consideration for hardware/software capacity and limitations, operating times and the desired results
-Responsible for meeting or exceeding all defined target goals and milestone dates for the project in order to ensure its overall success
-Assists in training junior level personnel in technical complexities of assigned work.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of System Analysis/Development experience
- 5+ years of experience working in the different phases of development
- 5+ years of writing system requirements
- Understanding of data gathering/analysis
- Knowledge of the Software(System) Development Life Cycle
- Experience working with test plans and test cases
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency with MS Project
- Proficiency with MS Visio
- Experience working in any area of healthcare or other insurance field
- Familiarity with UHG's core claim, eligibility and/administrative platforms
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
See full job details and apply at employer site