Senior Health Services Researcher-Patient Reported Outcomes - Telecommuting Available
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.
The Senior Health Services Researcher-Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) will contribute to every phase of multiple economic, sociologic, epidemiologic, or other types of health services research and evaluation projects incorporating PROs. He or she will confer with potential clients to assess the need for PRO research or evaluation services, help write detailed proposals describing all phases and tasks of research or evaluation projects, and work with sales or other professional personnel to help secure funding for this work. She or he will also collaborate with other research professionals to conduct the technical phases of well-designed, rigorous research or evaluation projects that are completed on time and within budget, and help write project reports and manuscripts for client use, and for publication in peer-reviewed journals and professional magazines. He or she will also conduct professional conference presentations describing these research projects, and conduct other internal or external presentations at Optum, UnitedHealth Group, at client offices, or in other venues. The Senior Health Services Researcher will report to the Senior Director of Analytics, Research & Innovation Unit at Optum.
- Master’s degree in a related field (e.g. health economics, economics, or public health); PhD preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in the insurance industry
- Knowledge of research / policy regarding the elderly and near elderly preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience craft rigorous research / evaluation design approaches and surveys, based upon understanding of clients' research needs.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience conducting and interpreting patient reported outcomes. These include Health Outcomes Survey (HOS), Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS), satisfaction, and health status (HRA, PHQ-9, SF-12) surveys
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with statistical software (SAS, SPSS), proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Access, Excel, Word) and Visual Basic for Applications a plus
- Track record of peer-reviewed publications
- Academic and/or professional background in statistics and quantitative methods including experience performing data analysis and interpreting results
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
See full job details and apply at employer site