Revenue Cycle Senior Consultant - Travel
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
- Provide consulting services to clients in all areas of the healthcare revenue cycle which includes:
- Patient access (scheduling, preregistration, insurance verification/financial counseling)
- Registration/Admission (ED, inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory)
- Patient financial services (charge capture, pre-billing, billing, follow-up, cash posting, account resolution)
- Decision support and analytics
- Managed care contracting
- Document findings, impacts and recommendations within assessment deliverables; responsible for the revenue cycle sections within each deliverable
- Collaborate with assessment team (Clinical, IT and PM) in developing overall strategic findings and recommendations based on areas of risk or opportunity identified during interviews
- Identify client barriers in achieving operational excellence
- Understand client business metrics and results
- Evaluate and analyze client data to understand trends in all areas of the operation
- Development of options and recommendations for client improvement
- Collaborate with client revenue cycle team and other departments in order to facilitate resolution of process issues and implement world-class solutions.
- Provide informed feedback to Optum and client executives including assessments of processes, standards, suggestions and improvements
- Develop work plans, project tasks and manage projects in accordance with budget.
- Provide interim staffing services as required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Experience working in hospital revenue cycle department as a director or supervisor (patient access, patient financial services)
- Solid understanding of revenue cycle workflow in the hospital and ambulatory environment (registration, scheduling, coding, billing, contracting)
- Revenue cycle consulting experience, such as revenue cycle outsourcing, interim management or performance improvement
- 6+ years of healthcare consulting/management experience or leadership experience in provider organization
- Prior Revenue Cycle hospital based provider consulting experience
- Experience and comfort working at all levels of a health care organization. Ability to probe, analyze, synthesize and articulate complex subject matter so it can be easily understood.
- A high degree of self-motivation, versatility and flexibility.
- In-depth knowledge of the complete healthcare revenue cycle.
- Proficient personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of hospital based IT systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.
- Office environment.
- Ability to travel 70-80%.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built three focused businesses organized around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges. It's a culture of optimism that's not like any place you've ever worked. OptumRx, OptumInsight, OptumHealth. Three incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
See full job details and apply at employer site