Revenue Cycle Consultant - Travel
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
- Patient access (scheduling, preregistration, insurance verification/financial counseling)
- Registration/Admission (ED, inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory)
- Patient financial services (charge capture, pre-billing, billing, follow-up, cash posting, account resolution)
- Decision support and analytics
- Health Information Management (transcription, coding, clinical documentation improvement)
- Managed care contracting
- Identify client accomplishments barriers in achieving operational excellence
- Understand client business metrics and results
- Evaluate and analyze client data to understand trends in all areas of the operation
- Development of options and recommendations for client improvement
- Understand and represent Optum technology and services and how they will improve client operations.
- Collaborate with client revenue cycle team and other departments in order to facilitate resolution of process issues and implement world-class solutions.
- Provide informed feedback to Optum and client executives including assessments of processes, standards, suggestions and improvements
- Assist in the sales process as requested.
- Develop work plans, project tasks and manage projects in accordance with budget.
- Provide interim staffing services as required
- Must meet minimum performance standards.
- Willingness to learn new skills and desire to advance upward in the consulting organization
- Accountable for all decisions, actions, and directives with respect to job responsibilities.
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Healthcare revenue cycle required
- 2+ years experience analyzing hospital patient access activity and communicating trends based on analysis
- Expert in MS Word and Excel and Visio required, expert in Outlook and PowerPoint preferred.
- Experience and comfort working at all levels of a health care organization. Ability to probe, analyze, synthesize and articulate complex subject matter so it can be easily understood.
- A high degree of self-motivation, versatility and flexibility.
- In-depth knowledge of the complete healthcare revenue cycle.
- Proficient personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of hospital based IT systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to lead, direct and motivate others.
- Ability to build effective team in order to accomplish goals.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible schedule.
- Office environment.
- Ability to travel 70-80%.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built three focused businesses organized around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges. It's a culture of optimism that's not like any place you've ever worked. OptumRx, OptumInsight, OptumHealth. Three incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
See full job details and apply at employer site