HIM Operational Consultant - Travel
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
HIM Operational Consultant
Optum360 is bringing additional talent to our Health Information Management Consulting Team. We are searching for consultants that can perform HIM operational excellence, and Computer Assisted Coding, assessments at hospitals and large physician practices. They will work closely with clients and staff to develop client and project risk assessments, implement opportunities and make recommendations regarding business operations and IT process optimization, profit improvement, internal control and compliance. This is a true consulting position that will require attention to detail, ability to communicate at the highest levels of organizations and make thoughtful and precise recommendations.
This is a fulltime position that offers career growth while taking on challenging engagements. Monday - Thursday national travel required.
This position is responsible for delivering a full range of services to clients that may include but are not limited to project management, interim project staffing, software application optimization, healthcare reform initiatives including ICD-10 and support analysis. Consults with clients to define needs or problems, gathers data and performs analysis to advise or recommend solutions. This position is a resource for projects and assignments and must demonstrate the ability to work independently at a client site.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Provide consulting services to clients in Health Information Management areas which include:
· Clinical Documentation Improvement
· Electronic Medical Records processing
· HIM clerical operations
· Release of Information
· Master Patient Index maintenance
· HIM systems utilization
· Provide written communication with clients, team members and management the status of assignments on a weekly basis via project documentation (i.e. status update, scope change, etc.)
· Documents all deliverables including; scope definition, status reports, analysis documents, user documentation and other applicable project records as appropriate
· Works closely with clients and staff to develop client and project risk assessments, implement opportunities, and recommendations regarding business and IT process optimization, profit improvement, internal control, and compliance.
· Conducts studies or surveys for process change or problem resolution to obtain data required for solution.
· Assists business development teams, sales and client managers on proposals and calls when necessary as requested by management.
· Communicates issues, opportunities, risk factors and any other applicable information to the client manager and/or manager on an on-going basis
· Develop reports and presentations based on project specifications for delivery to clients.
· Interact with other departments to ensure a high level of client satisfaction through successful execution of projects.
· Other duties may be assigned in order to meet business needs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· 3+ years HIM operational experience
· 3+ years of experience in either a consulting role or a management role in a hospital or physician practice HIM department
· 3+ years of experience with healthcare HIM workflows
· 3+ years of hospital coding and/or CDI experience preferred
· Revenue cycle workflow experience in addition to HIM (e.g. Patient Access and/or Patient Financial Services) strongly preferred.
· 3+ years of experience with facilitating individual and group communication to ensure progress and successful completion of assignments.
· Up to 80% travel required.
· RHIA/RHIT required
· Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or one to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Intermediate knowledge of Windows OS and Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
· Advanced knowledge of at least one practice management system and/or EMR system. Experience with one or several of these vendors is a plus: GEHC, Allscripts, Siemens, Cerner, McKesson, Epic, Meditech or other similar system.
Health care isn't just changing. It's growing more complex every day. ICD10 replaces ICD9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and health care organizations continue to adapt, and we are a vital part of their evolution. And that's what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Optum360 is a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage all our resources to bring financial clarity and a full suite of revenue management services to health care providers nationwide.
If you're looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
See full job details and apply at employer site