Discharge Specialist/Support Liaison-Outcomes Management-Per Diem*
Sutter HealthServing more than 200,000 patients annually, California Pacific Medical Center (located in beautiful San Francisco) provides a wide variety of services including: acute hospital care, a full range of post-acute care, home care and hospice services, outpatient medical care, and preventive, complementary, and educational services. The Medical Center also provides professional education and basic biomedical, clinical and behavioral research. Today, with its 1,254 licensed acute care beds and 25 residential beds, California Pacific Medical Center is one of the largest private, non-profit academic medical centers in California.
The Discharge Specialist/Support Liaison (SL) performs selected delegated functions related to discharge planning, utilization management and patient care coordination. The Support Liaison communicates and collaborates with the Case Managers, Social Workers and other interdisciplinary team members in coordination of resources and services. The SL communicates with review organizations, vendors, providers and other external customers. The SL is a member of designated patient care teams and works collaboratively under the direction of the Case Managers and Social Workers.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum three years experience in acute hospital setting preferred.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Possesses basic computer skills.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication, collaboration, diplomacy and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates ability to take direction from multiple team members.
- Self-directed with the ability to prioritize and adapt to a high volume changing environment.
- Assertive and creative in problem solving while functioning as an active team member.
See full job details and apply at employer site